$8.44 per hour
The Old Bridge Public Library has several part-time Library Page positions available. The main responsibilities of the position will be shelving books and other library materials and ensuring that all areas of the Library are neat and orderly.
Applicants must be courteous, motivated, and willing to learn the use of new or unfamiliar equipment. Attention to detail and organization skills will be required. Computer skills are a plus.
This position requires extensive standing and walking, and must be able to lift and carry, bend and twist, push and pull. Candidates for this position must be willing to work 10–15 hours per week including evenings and weekends, per the Library’s needs.
Applications are available below and at Old Bridge Public Library, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, NJ 08857.
Applications must be submitted to Cynthia Robbins, Acquisitions Supervisor, no later than November 24, 2017.
Library Assistant, Outreach/Bookmobile Driver, Part-time
(24 hours biweekly); $17.95/hour
This part-time position represents the Old Bridge Public Library in the community and independently drives and operates the Bookmobile to specified locations at predetermined times around Old Bridge Township with additional public service duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compiles reports for mileage, pre-trip inspection findings, number of books circulated, amount of fines collected and other bookmobile-related statistics.
- Prepares materials for route stops.
- Maintains the vehicle in good working order by scheduling preventative maintenance of the vehicle, reporting any mechanical or safety issues, refueling vehicle, seeing that the vehicle is kept clean and performing snow removal when necessary.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with all employees and patrons.
- Troubleshoots customer problems and negotiates solutions whenever possible without supervisor input.
- Operates the Bookmobile in all kinds of weather and climatic conditions.
- Works flexible hours, including mornings, afternoons, evenings and possibly Saturdays.
- Loads and off-loads the vehicle.
- Collects materials from remote book drops and performs Library-related errands such as pickup and delivery of mail and packages.
- Performs other Library-related tasks as directed by supervisor.
- May participate in planning and implementing programs for Outreach and/or bookmobile.
Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Knowledge of building maintenance protocols, equipment and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of occupational safety and accident prevention.
- Mathematical proficiency and analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good oral, written and computer skills (Windows environment).
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with diverse staff, officials, contractors and the public.
- A high school diploma or GED required; some college coursework a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record for last five years required for insurability by Library’s insurance carrier.
- Proficient clerical skills and working knowledge of personal computers in a Windows environment.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with patience, friendliness and courteousness and a desire to help patrons and staff.
- Must be able to effectively manage vehicular emergencies.
This position is part of AFSCME and contributes to a pension system. Employment is contingent upon completion of an extensive background and reference check, motor vehicle record check and Library Board of Trustees approval.
Performs work requiring the lifting of up to 50 pounds and constant movement of objects. The work requires kneeling, crouching, bending, and standing. Vocal communication is required for expressing and exchanging ideas and information by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Visual acuity is required for color perception, preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work and observing general surroundings and activities.
Hours: 12 hours per week (24 hours biweekly). Salary: $17.95/hour
Send cover letter and resume to Nancy Cohen, Library Director, Old Bridge Public Library, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Municipal Center, Old Bridge, NJ 08857 by November 24, 2017 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute Library Assistant, Digital Support Services
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the public computer area is neat, orderly and well-maintained.
- Ensures that public computer customers behave in accordance with Library policies and procedures and refers issues to supervisors when necessary.
- Assists customers in the use of public computers and peripherals including hardware, software and the public catalog.
- Manages the public use of quiet study rooms.
- Interacts with vendors to resolve installation, maintenance and usage issues for office and computer equipment.
- Works, evenings, days and weekends as needed.
- Provides training in the use of digital resources for the staff and the public.
- Performs other job related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred or equivalent technical school; high school diploma or GED required.
- Direct experience in maintaining computer hardware/peripherals and software preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, oral and written communication and skills
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to move between libraries and other locations.
Must be able to perform work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to occasionally move objects. The job requires kneeling, crouching, reaching, bending and standing. Vocal communication is required for expressing and exchanging ideas and information by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Visual acuity is required for color perception, preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work and observing general surroundings and activities.
Salary is $16.30/hour. Hire subject to background check and Library Board approval. Please submit cover letter and resume to Jonathan Upton at email@example.com or mail to his attention at Old Bridge Public Library, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Municipal Center, Old Bridge, NJ 08857 by December 1, 2017.