Managing Librarian – Adult Services
Full-Time: Annual Salary $67,258
Serves as a member of the Old Bridge Library staff, encouraging lifelong learning and library use by providing reader advisory, research assistance, and technology education, and by connecting people with resources and programs of interest. Knowledgeable about all aspects of the library, approachable, adept at communicating effectively, and committed to providing an excellent customer service experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises department staff, including scheduling, training, mentoring, and assigning tasks to department personnel.
- Maintains staff morale, and reviews workflow and procedures to ensure maximum quality and
- Participates in interviews and assists in making recommendations to the Director on hiring and other personnel
- Observes department staff on a daily Provides staff with periodic verbal and written evaluations (at least one written evaluation annually).
- Coordinates collection development within the department in response to community needs, and participates in ordering specific print and non-print
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in the development and execution of a variety of programs, services, technology and resource acquisitions both for in-house and outreach purposes.
- Develops long and short-term goals related to services and resources for the
- Submits monthly and annual reports on the progress of objectives, programs, statistics, and trends in the
- Prepares and justifies a department annual budget for strategic planning objectives for the
- Works with appropriate library staff to seek and implement grant funding for both new and continuing projects.
- Cooperates with schools, businesses and relevant community organizations for outreach
- Works evenings, days and weekends for the number of hours as defined in the current contract and serves as Person In Charge when
- May serve as Notary Public.
- Personally, takes part in and encourages staff to participate in professional development opportunities.
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance in dress and manner at all times.
- Performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited program.
- NJ Professional Librarian’s certificate issued by Thomas Edison State
- At least three years of post MLS library experience including supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: flexibility, initiative, teamwork and customer
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly, courteously and effectively with library patrons and staff in the English
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and MS Office Suite products, ILS software (Sirsi preferred) and the
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to move between libraries and other
Please send letter of interest and resume to Linda Reynolds, Executive Assistant for Personnel
Old Bridge Public Library, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, NJ 08857 or firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than November 8, 2021
Staff Librarian (two positions available – one in Adult Services and one in Youth Services)
Full-Time: Annual Salary $59,041
Provides reference and reader’s advisory services. Plans and schedules Library programs. Manages areas of the collection.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services.
- Manages assigned area(s) of the collection, including selection and weeding.
- Plans and schedules library programs.
- May assist in the coordination of ESL services.
- Cooperates with schools, businesses, and relevant community organizations for outreach services.
- May supervise and train volunteers as necessary.
- May serve as a Notary Public.
- Assists customers in the use of the public catalog, computers, and copiers.
- Provides formal and informal technology training when assigned.
- Develops instructional tools such as bibliographies and research guides.
- Promotes library services, programs, and resources.
- May work collaboratively with School District on programs.
- May participate in the writing and administration of grants and special projects.
- Participates in Library and professional meetings, workshops, webinars, and other continuing education opportunities.
- Works a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Presents and maintains a business-like appearance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited library school.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a New Jersey Professional Librarian Certificate.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in the following areas: flexibility, initiative, teamwork, and customer service.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly, courteously, and effectively in the English language.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and MS Office products, ILS software (SirsiDynix preferred), and the internet.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Linda Reynolds, Executive Assistant for Personnel, Old Bridge Public Library, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857 or email@example.com no later than October 25, 2021.