Old Bridge, NJ – Sept. 26, 2018 –The Old Bridge Public Library will offer a full slate of Halloween films, crafts and activities for the entire family during the month of October. Along with a Trunk or Treat event at the Shoppes at Old Bridge, other highlights include:
- Halloween Wall Hangings: adult craft project: Oct. 5th @10:30am.
- Tweens Night Out: Halloween Houses Dessert Wars: Fri. Oct 5th @7pm. Kids in grades 4-6 are invited to come create a scary good dessert house. The Library will supply the food, and kids will bring their creativity. Registration required.
- Pumpkin Painting: Mon., Oct. 8th (ages 3-8) and 15th (grades 4-6) @7pm. Children must bring their own pumpkins, and the Library will supply the paint and materials.
- Halloween Sensory Party: Fri. Oct. 19th from 6-8pm: This program is geared for children on the autism spectrum and their families. There will be practice trick or treating (no costumes required but treats will be provided) open play, seasonal sensory stations and crafts.
- Birth of the Living Dead: There will be a Kanopy screening of the documentary about the making of Night of the Living Dead on Mon. Oct. 22nd @6:30pm.
- Horror Movie Marathon: Wed. Oct. 24th from 12-8pm. The following classic horror films will be screened: Dracula (1931, NR) at 12pm; Psycho (1960, R) at 1:30pm; Night of the Living Dead (1968, R) at 3:30pm and The Shining (1980, R) at 5:00pm.
- The Li-scary Spooktacular: Sat. Oct. 27th from 11-2pm. This annual event features crafts, games and holiday snacks for all ages.
- Annual Trick or Treat story time and parade: Oct. 31st at 11am. The Library’s youngest patrons are invited to come in their costumes to enjoy a story time, craft and trick-or-treat parade inside the building.
Following a successful summer Book Bash event, the Library will once again be partnering with the Shoppes at Old Bridge, this time for a Trunk or Treat event on Thurs. Oct. 25th from 4-7pm. Old Bridge-based Kroozin’ Productions will have their vintage cars on display for candy-gathering from their trunks, and kids will be able to enjoy crafts, giveaways, food and other activities around the shopping center, which is located at 601 Texas Road and Route 9 north. Costumes are encouraged.
Further details and a complete schedule and registration details can be found at www.oldbridgelibrary.org.
The Old Bridge Public Library has consistently been voted one of the three Best Public Libraries in Middlesex County by the readers of the Home News Tribune. The Library is open seven-days-a-week and is located at 1 Old Bridge Plaza at the corner of Rt. 516 and Cottrell Road in the Municipal Center. More information about these and other Library programs is available at www.oldbridgelibrary.org or by calling 732-721-5600 x5033. The satellite Laurence Harbor branch is located at 277 Shoreland Circle; phone: 732-566-2227.