Welcome to Youth Services!
Old Bridge Public Library strives to be a welcoming place for all our patrons, including the youngest ones. We invite you to explore our children’s room to browse our book collection, work on homework, play with toys, socialize with other children, and more. Please stop by the Youth Services desk if you have any questions or just to say hello.
It’s Summer Reading Time!
The Kids Summer Reading Club runs June 25-August 20. You can log your activities online and earn points to win prizes! Here’s the basics:
- Create an account at http://obpl.readsquared.com/ where you’ll be able to log reading and other activities, and track your points.
- Earn points by counting the number of days you spend time reading (any amount counts but try to do at least 15 minutes). For every 10 days you log you get a prize! It does not have to be consecutive days in a row.
- Besides reading, you can also earn points towards prizes by attending library events, completing missions online, and playing mini games online. If you read for at least 40 days (and/or get to 1000 points) you get a coupon for free pizza courtesy of Giusseppe’s Pizza, and you’re entered into the raffle for our grand prizes! All activities and points will be in your account and you will be notified when you’ve earned a prize. Prizes can be picked up at the Summer Reading table in the children’s area.
- What counts as reading? Anything you like! Any books/magazines/articles, etc. count. You can listen to an audiobook, read a comic, or have someone read aloud to you.
- Parents- you can make a family account where each child’s activities are separate but you only need to have one username/login.
- If you would prefer not to log online, stop by the Children’s area for a paper log that will still let you count your days to earn prizes.
- The Kids Summer Reading Club is for birth-grade 5. There is a Teen Summer Reading Club for grades 6 and up.
Children’s Book Collection
Not sure what to read next? Check out our Kids Book Lists for recommended titles by genre or by grade.
Check out other electronic resources for children here.
You can also check out TumbleBook for access to digital titles.
Kanopy Kids features a collection of films and TV series that inspire and inform, helping children develop social emotional skills and reinforcing valuable learning topics, such as history, science, and new languages. Kanopy Kids has a diverse selection of educational and entertaining content that range across Movies, TV Series, Animated Storybooks, Live Action, and Animated favorites. Kanopy Kids is appropriate for children ages 2 and up, with a focus on Kids age 2-8.
Please see calendar below for our programs.
For more information about any program or event visit the Youth Services Dept.
or phone us at 732-721-5600, ext. 5028.