Old Bridge Public Library strives to be a welcoming place for all our patrons, including the youngest ones. We invite you to explore our children’s room to browse our book collection, work on homework, play with toys, socialize with other children, and more. Please stop by the Youth Services desk if you have any questions or just to say hello.
It’s Summer Reading Time!
The Kids Summer Reading Club begins on June 19 and this year it will be all new- and you’ll be able to participate right from home! Since it’s a little harder to do things in person, you’ll be logging your activities online and earning points to win prizes! Here’s the basics:
- Create an account at http://obpl.readsquared.com/ where you’ll be able to log reading, other activities, and track your points.
- You’ll earn points by counting the number of days you spend time reading (any amount counts but try to do at least 15 minutes).
- For every 10 days you log (up to 40 days) you get a prize! It does not have to be consecutive days in a row. Prizes can be picked up at the Children’s Desk.
- If you complete the program (by reaching 40 days/1000 points) you get entered into the raffle for one of our grand prizes!
- Besides counting reading days, you can also earn points towards prizes/completing the program by attending library events (virtual or in person), completing missions online, or playing mini games online.
- All your activities and points will be in your READsquared account and you will be notified when you’ve earned a prize.
- Parents- you can make a family account where each child’s activities are separate but you only need to have one username/login.
- What counts as reading? Anything you like! Any books/magazines/articles, etc. count. You can listen to an audiobook, read a comic, or have someone read aloud to you.
- The Kids Summer Reading Club is for birth-grade 5. There is a Teen Summer Reading Club for grades 6 and up.
Children’s Book Collection
Not sure what to read next? Check out our Kids Book Lists for recommended titles by genre or by grade.
Don’t forget! You can also check out TumbleBook for access to digital titles.
Check out other electronic resources for children here.
Please see calendar below for our programs.
For more information about any program or event visit the Youth Services Dept.
or phone us at 732-721-5600, ext. 5028.