Old Bridge, NJ – July 1, 2016 – Foodies will have plenty to enjoy at the Old Bridge Public Library this summer as the Library presents the following six culinary-themed programs:
Hot Summer, Cool Foods: Tues, July 19th at 7pm:
- Too hot to cook? Come learn how to make a few appetizers, main dishes and desserts — all without turning on the oven or stovetop. Recipes will be provided. This program is open to adults and teens over age 12. (Please note that dairy, wheat, nuts and other possible allergens may be used.)
- Pizza Your Way: Wed, July 20th at 2pm:
- This program is open to tweens in grades 4-6. Participants will make pizza from scratch using herbs and vegetables grown from the Library’s Idea Farm makerspace garden.
- Son of Smoothies: Thurs, July 28th at 7pm:
- All are welcome to come learn how to easily recreate a few of the delicious smoothies found at popular restaurants. Please note that dairy, tree nuts and other possible allergens may be used in this presentation. Participants are asked to note any allergies in the comment section of the registration form.
- Fear Factor Foods: Tues, August 9th at 7pm:
- Curious about quinoa or enoki mushrooms? Have a desire to sample rutabaga? This program will give attendees an opportunity to sample some unusual or exotic foods while also getting tips on how to prepare and serve them. Fear not – no bugs or entrails will be served. This program is open to adults and teens age 12 and over.
- Pizza Your Way: Tues. August 16th at 7pm:
- Adults and teens ages 12 and up are invited to this hands-on program to learn to make individual pizzas from scratch using ingredients from the Library’s Idea Farm makerspace garden.
- Retro Desserts: Tues, August 23rd at 7pm:
The garish and unusual desserts from the 50s, 60s and 70s have returned. Come sample a few retro favorites, like Green Jello Salad, trifle, and others. Recipes will be provided; program open to adults and teens ages 12 and up.
- Due to limited seating, registration is necessary for all programs by calling 732-721-5600 x5033 or through the web site at www.oldbridgelibrary.org.
- The Old Bridge Public Library was recently voted “Best Public Library in Middlesex County” by the readers of the Home News Tribune. The Library is open seven-days-a-week and is located at 1 Old Bridge Plaza at the corner of Rt. 516 and Cottrell Road in the Municipal Center. The satellite Laurence Harbor branch is located at 277 Shoreland Circle; phone: 732-566-2227.