Guide to using eLibraryNJ
eLibraryNJ is a free service that allows Old Bridge Library cardholders to download audiobooks and ebooks to their computers and transfer them to portable devices at any time of the day! eLibraryNJ offers a variety of popular fiction, romance, mystery, biography, business, history, self-improvement, and more for all ages. To access these digital materials you need:
- A valid Old Bridge Library card (beginning with 2930000) and PIN number.
If you do not have a PIN number, you will need to see someone at the circulation desk at the library. PIN numbers cannot be given out over the phone. For a listing of our hours, click here.
- Access to the internet.
- The Libby or LMxExpress app (for mobile devices) or Adobe Digital Editions software for the computer on which you wish to use the materials you download from eLibraryNJ.
Note* To access Axis 360, Hoopla or Kanopy, you must download their apps for your mobile device or on a computer, click the link in the chart below for the specific database you want to access.
|Ebooks & Audiobooks||Magazines||Music||Movies|
A few things to know
- Books from eLibraryNJ are treated the same way as physical books. Once the lending period for an ebook or audiobook is expired, you will no longer have access to that book.
- eLibraryNJ supports a variety of ereaders and portable devices including the Barnes and Noble NOOK, Borders Kobo and the Kindle. For a full list of supported devices, click here.
- If your portable device supports apps like the iPhone, iPad, or Android, you can browse eLibraryNJ on your device and download your books. For instructions click here.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about digital materials, click here.
Borrowing ebooks and audiobooks from eLibraryNJ
- Go to www.eLibraryNJ.com.
- Click on Sign In button.
- Choose “Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium” as your library under select your library.
- Enter your full 14 digit library card number starting with 2930000 and 4 digit pin number. Click “Sign In”.
- Browse eLibraryNJ for a title you are interested in using the search box on the right or browse new titles from the eLibraryNJ home page.
- Click the Borrow button
- Choose your lending period (7, 14, or 21 days).
- A message of Success will be displayed once the book is borrowed. Choose either Read Now in Browser button or Download EPUB book button (if you borrowed a Kindle book then you need to choose the Read Now with Kindle button).
- Note* If the book is not available, you have the option to place a hold on it. Choose the Place a Hold button. This means the book is currently being borrowed. You will receive an email when the book is ready for you
Or Click here for more instructions on how to download and borrow books through eLibraryNJ
How to Transfer a Book to Your Portable Device
To transfer Adobe eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions…
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Click on the Adobe eBook you want to transfer.
- Drag the Adobe eBook to the eBook device icon in the left pane of Adobe Digital Editions.
The ‘Copy Documents’ dialog box is displayed and the title is transferred.
When transfer is complete the ‘Copy Documents’ dialog box closes. You can now disconnect the eBook device and enjoy the eBook on-the-go.
Note that to transfer Adobe eBooks to a supported eBook device, Adobe Digital Editions and the eBook device must be activated using the same Adobe ID.
The display of Adobe eBooks on eBook devices may vary, depending on the nature of the content.
Enjoy your book!
- Install and set up either Libby app or LMxPRESS app on your device
- Tap on the book you want then tap borrow
- Tap the Borrow button, It will either display a message of Success or Sorry, all copies of this book are on loan, try again soon or place a hold instead. Tap Place Hold if you want to place a hold on the book. You will receive an email when the book is ready for you.
- Or tap open book to read your book on your device once your borrow it.
These websites or instructions may also help:
Downloading eBooks to Your eReader: Adobe website OR Print-Friendly Version
Downloading eBooks to Your iPad: Libby app website OR App Store website
Downloading eBooks to Your Kindle: Amazon website OR Print-Friendly version
Helpful video on downloading eBooks to a Kindle
Should you require further assistance with your device, please contact the Information Desk at (732) 721-5600 ext 5033.