The Old Bridge Public Library offers Notary Public Services for the benefit of the residents of our community. The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of Notary Service:
Currently Notary Services are by appointment only.
Call (732) 721-5600 extension 5033 to make an appointment
- Library Notaries are scheduled during the Library’s hours of operation. Notary Service is not available in the fifteen (15) minutes prior to the time of closing.
- It is recommended that customers seeking Notary Service call the Library prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available at that time. The Library can be reached by calling (732) 721-5600 ext. 5033.
- Notary Service is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Notary Service is provided free of charge to Old Bridge Library card holders. If you do not have an Old Bridge Library card, there is a $2.50 charge per notary signature.
- Valid photo identification is required of any customer seeking Notary Service.
- Notary Service is limited to three documents per person, per visit.
- The Library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized at this facility.
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the customer seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary Service customer.
- Notary Service is not available for Deeds, Wills, Living Wills, Living Trusts, Codicils, Depositions, Mortgages or other Real Estate Closing documents.
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library Notary may, at his sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees 03/20/02