Per Diem Librarian
The Old Bridge Public Library seeks Per Diem Librarians to join our team. Successful candidates will perform tasks assigned with a guaranteed minimum of four hours’ pay per shift. Shifts shall be assigned on an as-needed, intermittent basis. Applicants should demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, with desire to serve a culturally diverse population of all ages.
- Assists in planning and implementing the goals and objectives of the assigned Library Departments and the Old Bridge Public Library.
- Works cooperatively with other staff and departments in keeping with the Library’s Mission Statement, goals, and objectives.
- Works on as an as-needed basis determined by the Director/designee of the Library.
- Works weekdays, evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays as assigned.
- Manages, coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Performs other job-related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides prompt, courteous, and friendly service to the public.
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school and have New Jersey Public Librarian Certification,
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Is able to use English language fluently in written and spoken form.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel as assigned.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and various other software packages.
Salary is $31.80 per hour, with a guaranteed minimum of four hours’ pay ($127.20) for any shift assigned. For more information about the Old Bridge Public Library, visit our website at: www.oldbridgelibrary.org.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Executive Assistant for Personnel, Linda Reynolds: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Executive Assistant for Personnel Old Bridge Public Library
1 Old Bridge Plaza
Old Bridge, NJ 08857