The Old Bridge Township Public Library’s Board of Trustees is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and innovative professional to serve as Library Director. Our award-winning Library serves the approximately 65,000 residents of Old Bridge Township in Middlesex County NJ and is part of the Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium.
The Library Director is responsible for all operations of the library and its facilities, as well as the development and implementation of its service programs that respond effectively to the needs of the community. The Director manages all library resources and personnel, develops and monitors the budget, assists the Board of Trustees with long range planning and policy development, and plans and implements overall library goals and objectives.
The Library Director reports to the Board of Trustees and is an at-will employee. The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Prepares annual operating and capital budget for approval by the Board of Trustees and manages expenses in relation to established goals
- Monitors expenditures and provides sound fiscal management of the library
- Oversees the maintenance of the facility and equipment and keeps the board informed of facility conditions and needed repairs
- Prepare information required by the State of NJ and to assist in developing the Strategic Plan
- Be accountable to the Board of Trustees through its designated officers and committee chairs, to recommend policies and procedures, to attend meeting of the Board and its committees
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff
- Cultivate a positive labor-management environment and to effectively administer all aspects of policies and collective bargaining agreements
- Evaluates, plans, and implements innovative library services that addresses the needs of a diverse population and to inspire the development of new and varied programs to meet them
- Supervise the development of the library’s collections to ensure it is of the highest and most up-to-date quality while meeting the needs of the community
- Participates in the planning and organization of the technical services for the library
- Collaborates and build relations between the library and the community
- Serves as liaison to various library organizations
- Directs a public relations plan to ensure the community is aware of the library’s services, programs and collections
- At least 5 years of public library (or similar) administrative experience
- At least 3 years experience as a Library Director or experience managing a similar size organization and staff
- ALA accredited MLS or MLIS and NJ State Professional Certification preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range is $120,000 – $140,000 and is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits include vacation, sick leave, paid holidays and some professional leave. The Old Bridge Library participates with the NJ Public Employees Retirement System and is an EOE.
Application (cover letter and resume) to be submitted via email to Kevin Borsilli, President – Old Bridge Library Board of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org
Per Diem Librarian
The Old Bridge Public Library seeks Per Diem Librarians to join our team. Successful candidates will perform tasks assigned with a guaranteed minimum of four hours’ pay per shift. Shifts shall be assigned on an as-needed, intermittent basis. Applicants should demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, with desire to serve a culturally diverse population of all ages.
- Assists in planning and implementing the goals and objectives of the assigned Library Departments and the Old Bridge Public Library.
- Works cooperatively with other staff and departments in keeping with the Library’s Mission Statement, goals, and objectives.
- Works on as an as-needed basis determined by the Director/designee of the Library.
- Works weekdays, evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays as assigned.
- Manages, coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Performs other job-related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides prompt, courteous, and friendly service to the public.
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school and have New Jersey Public Librarian Certification,
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Is able to use English language fluently in written and spoken form.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel as assigned.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and various other software packages.
Salary is $31.80 per hour, with a guaranteed minimum of four hours’ pay ($127.20) for any shift assigned. For more information about the Old Bridge Public Library, visit our website at: www.oldbridgelibrary.org.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Executive Assistant for Personnel, Linda Reynolds: email@example.com or mail to:
Executive Assistant for Personnel Old Bridge Public Library
1 Old Bridge Plaza
Old Bridge, NJ 08857